Halloween Eve calls for a moody tablescape don’t you think?! Meg Grant and I started brainstorming an elevated Halloween-themed table for a festive fall dinner party. Our goal was to evoke a mercurial yet whimsical feel; we wanted to avoid token skeletons and spiders and fake blood (ha!), but it still feel like a celebration of the spooky Halloween season. It all started with deep fall hues of dark purple, black, maroon and blood orange…
Meg designed the name cards with a black wax seal and gold wire with a funky font to play to the theme. For the flower arrangements she used a mixture of ranunculus, anemone, snap dragon, and Dahlia.
Blood orange cocktails are the perfect pop of moody color and we served these delicious margaritas which are great for a large dinner party.
Moody blood orange margarita
- Juice from 2 blood oranges (approximately 1/4 cup)
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 ounces of silver 100% agave tequila
- 1 ounce of Grand Marnier, or another orange liqueur
- Splash of Topo Chico
- Coarse sea salt, for the rim
- Rosemary sprig, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon of honey (to make sweeter if desired)
Mix above ingredients together. Taste for sweetness, add 1 tablespoon of honey if desired.