It’s not yet October and it’s still 90 degrees in Houston, but the girls and I cranked down the A/C, put on our aprons and baked up something fall over the weekend! My little guy Jack is allergic to egg, so I’ve basically adapted a pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe from others with egg and ended up with a really yummy vegan muffin! These bad boys are very chocolaty and I love how the house smells after we baked them. Bring on fall y’all!
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (important: do not use pumpkin pie filling)
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease and flour OR spray a nonstick muffin pan
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt and. set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the sugars, pumpkin, oil, milk, molasses, and vanilla until combined.
- Pour the wet pumpkin mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined; be careful not to over mix!
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 16-18 minutes, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs dangling but no batter. Allow muffins to cool in pans for about 10 minutes before removing. Cool complete on baking rack. Makes 12 muffins.